WHERE: OCEAN STUDIOS EXHIBITION SPACE
CALL FOR ARTISTS
Ocean Studios is seeking ambitious local creatives to take part in a series of pop-up exhibitions in its Grade I listed exhibition space, situated in the heart of Plymouth’s Royal William Yard.
Through April we are looking for an individual or collective group of artists/makers to creatively use the space for a week, running from Wed- Sunday. The exhibitions are set to showcase Plymouth’s growing and diverse creative network, whether you are a Fashion designer, painter, contemporary craft maker, photographer, illustrator, sculptor… we need you!
- Artists must install work on the Monday and Tuesday of each week in time for opening Wed-Sunday 11-5pm.
- Artists must install and de-install their own work, there will be a quick turnaround each week so this must happen efficiently and to schedule.
- Artists must invigilate the space for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists must display work in consideration to the Grade I listed space.
- It is desirable for each week to have a ‘live event’ to run alongside the exhibition, this could be an artist talk, workshop, live making session…
1st WEEK: Mon 3rd and Tues 4th Install days for exhibition to open 5th- 9th.
2nd WEEK: Mon 10th and Tues 11th Install days for exhibition to open 12th - 16rd
3rd WEEK: Mon 17th and Tues 18th Install dats for exhibition to open 19th- 23rd.
If you wish to be part of this series of pop-up exhibitions, please complete an application form along with a brief proposal of how you see the space working. Deadline Friday 17th of March, please application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do contact if you'd like to be considered for events in future however.
For more information please email Fran@oceanstudios.org.uk.
REVISED DEADLINE: Due to the volume of applications, the revised deadline is 13 March.